So you’ve downloaded the Boudoir app and are ready to…
I finally finished up categorizing my closet on our Boudoir app — and let me tell you it was so worth the time! It literally cut my “outfit time” in half which means for beauty sleep for me! I can’t stress enough how the app has helped me keep my closet much more organized and also has guided me into purchasing new items — rather than purchasing items I already own. It’s almost like carrying your own personal “Closet Shopping List” every time you visit your favorite boutique!
Categorizing your wardrobe wasn’t all that hard, it literally is a 3 step process:
1. Find a solid background — hang, fold, or align shoes
2. SNAP a great quality picture
3. Add descriptive tags (ex. Fall, basics, scoop neck, blue, top,long sleeve) — adding descriptive tags allow you to find whatever your in the mood to wear a lot easier.
It’s that easy and so worth it. I can now lay in bed while I decide what I will wear that day — as you all know I love anything black. I can just click the search bar and search “Black” and anything with that color tag will pop up. Now, if I have an idea of what I want to wear I can type a more descriptive tag “Work attire,black” so, anything that is tagged “Work attire” and “Black” will pop up — it narrows down your choices. Rather than standing in front of your closet searching through ALL your clothes and still end up saying “I don’t have anything to wear”
That’s the best part of using the Boudoir app — it allows you to relieve some stress in the morning. Lets all be honest here, the night before a an important event and not knowing what to wear is one of the most annoying situations to be in — or waking up in the morning and rummaging through everything you own and still not being satisfied on what you choose because, your short on time.
So, tonight when your setting up your wardrobe on the app, keep a few things in mind:
1. Use descriptive tags to narrow down your choices
2. Have fun while doing it — Hey you might even find something you loved and forgot you had!
3. Donate items you don’t see yourself wearing anymore! (It’s a great way to get rid unwanted items and make more space for the new items: check out this link)
4. Don’t stress — you certainly don’t need to finish your whole closet in one night!
Have an awesome closet cataloging week ladies!
The DoMyHomework initiative is paper writer intended to expose more students to computer programming.